What Is The Digital HPS Consortium?
The Digital HPS Consortium brings together academics in fields of history, philosophy, science, and other humanities, with computer scientists, archivists, and research librarians.
The mission is to develop, support, and promote digital HPS projects, including editing, publishing, and scholarly tools to make this possible. Insofar as possible, and recognizing the challenges and constraints, the Consortium is committed to open source and open access products. We are committed to developing sustainable infrastructure for the projects and products.
The most recent Digital HPS meeting established the following goals:
We agreed to:
1. Update our resolution of purpose
2. Develop a more robust website
3. Recruit and welcome new members
4. Continue to meet and make more visible and more effective the strength of the collective.
5. Appoint a steering committee and working groups
A full synopsis of meetings can be accessed under the "Meetings" tab. The consortium's updated working groups and committees membership can be found under the "Committees" tab.